Our aim is to make your purchase as simple and stress-free as possible.
Our service includes:-
1. Discussing with you how you will finance the purchase, from savings, mortgage or both? If you require a mortgage, have you discussed it with your lender and do you have its agreement in principle to make a loan offer or a mortgage promise?
2. Discussing with you whether you or your lender require an additional survey or valuation bearing in mind that a Single Survey will be included in the seller's Home Report;
3. Formally noting your interest in any advertised property with the seller's Solicitor. Should a closing date be fixed for offers to be submitted, this should ensure that you are advised of the date and have an opportunity to offer;
4. Submitting a formal offer on your behalf and, if successful, subsequently discussing with you in detail the qualified acceptance, title deeds, title searches and other relevant documentation exhibited by the seller's Solicitor;
5. Drafting the Disposition (transfer deed) and adjusting its terms with the seller's Solicitor;
6. Acting on behalf of your lender (if appropriate) in preparing the mortgage deed (called a Standard Security) and obtaining your signature before submitting our report on title and request for the loan funds prior to completion;
7. Settling the transaction by paying the purchase price to the seller's Solicitor and receiving in exchange the signed Disposition, title deeds and other documentation and, most importantly, the keys to the property;
8. Arranging payment of Land & Buildings Transaction Tax (if any), registration in the Land Register of Scotland in Edinburgh of the Disposition and Standard Security (if any) and providing you in due course with copies of the Title Sheet issued by the Land Register.
9. Reminding you to arrange buildings insurance to commence no later than the date of entry.
10. View all our property here
Ensure that you let financial organisations, road departments and other important bodies know of your change of address.
Once your new contact details are avaiable like a landline phone number and postal address, please email these details to you lawyer.
We will attend to the legal paperwork, and copies will be issued to you, as required.